1. Place an order for your bike on our website.
2. Apply for your voucher using your scheme providers’ instructions.
3. Sign your voucher and Send it to us; We will then contact you to take any additional payment (including the admin fee).
4. we can then arrange a date for your bike to be built. Your bike is sent to you by our approved courier.
Once you know what you are allowed to purchase on the scheme it is time to order your bike off our website. This is just like any other purchase; browse our website for the bike and equipment you wish to purchase, add the items to your basket. Next go to the check out, fill in your details for delivery before you are diverted to the payment page. At the payment page you will be able to see the normal card and paypal options but you need to select the third Bike to Work Scheme option. This will generate your order.
These are the various ways in which you can apply for a voucher:
Direct Payment from your employer
If your employer doesn't have a cycle to work scheme and you want to set one up, click here for more information.
If your employer is registered with Cyclescheme, click here for more information.
NHS SME HCI scheme.
If your employer is registered with NHS SME HCI, click here for more information.
On Your Bike.
If your employer is registered with On Your Bike, click here for more information.
If your employer is registered with Cycle Plus, click here for more information.
Bike 2 Work.
If you would like to use any other form of Cycle to Work voucher, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address your voucher as follows:
Cycle to Work
Planet X Retail Ltd
Unit 3 Ignite Business Park
You also need to include a photocopy of some photo-identification (e.g. Drivers License, Passport). Once we have your voucher we will contact you to take any additional payment (including the admin fee) once your order is fully paid, our bike build team will arrange a date for your bike to be built and sent to you.
(They also do an e-certificate now. You can forward this to us by e-mail with a copy of some photo ID and reference to your order number.)
NHS SME HCI scheme do not run a voucher scheme. They will send us a Purchase Order diretly. Once we receive this we will contact you to take any additional payment. Once full payment is received our bike build team will schedule a date for your bike to be built.
1. Once I receive the bike, do I become its rightful owner?
Your employer remains the legal owner of the bike until the end of the lease period. At that point your employer may choose to either keep the bike or sell it to you for a "nominal sum" as laid out in the terms of their scheme.
2. You've got an offer on now and I don't get my voucher for another few weeks. Can I order a bike now on my credit card to reserve it, then get a refund and pay with my voucher when I get it?
Yes. You can place an order providing you have been accepted onto the scheme. You have 28 days to get the voucher to us from the date of placing the order before it is cancelled.
3. Why do I have to pay a 10% fee for ordering a bike with a cyclescheme.co.uk voucher, On Your Bike and Bike2work or a 12% fee for Cycle Plus or a 12.5% via the NHS SME HCI scheme?
We keep our prices competitive by selling at very low margins. All of these organisations charge us a fee on each bike we supply to a customer. So we don't have to add this fee to all our complete bike prices (for all non-cycle scheme customers) we've decided to pass this charge on to you. The additional charge DOES NOT APPLY if your employer is paying us direct for the bike.
4. I need a quote for a bike so I can apply for my voucher. How do I get one?
Cyclescheme.co.uk / Bike2Work / Cycle Plus:-
We don't give formal quotes for bikes. Our offers change frequently depending on stock levels and current demand so we cannot hold prices or specifications on any bikes for any set length of time. Once they're gone, they're gone. Having said that, we'll always aim to have great offer bikes available at key price points. If you REALLY need a quote to apply for your voucher, download one HERE and fill it in yourself. Please remember to fill it out for the value of the voucher you want to apply for. Our "shop code" for cyclescheme.co.uk us PLANE004.
For a bike quote for the NHS SME HCI scheme, please send an e-mail to email@example.com containing your name, address, contact number, Employers name and the amount you are applying for on the scheme.
5. How long after I've ordered can I expect to get my bike?
Once you've ordered we'll ask you to send us your signed voucher alond with some Photo ID . Once we've received your voucher, we'll contact you to make any additional payments (including the admin fee) due on the order and arrange a delivery date.
6. Can I purchase parts with the voucher?
No, it has to be a complete built bike. This includes all the bikes we have available on our website. We also do custom builds. If you contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements he can put a spec together for you.
7. Can I just order some wheels?
No. Wheels are just a part of a bike. Not a bike. It's a bike to work scheme. The clue is in the name.
8. Can I just buy a frame?
Come on. A frame isn't a bike, cheeky. It's called the BIKE to work scheme. Not "You've been Framed".
9. That woman on the phone sounds a bit grumpy.
That's because it's Caroline!
10. You have just called me to ask for an "additional payment" - what's going on?
You must have missed point 3, above!
11. How long have I got to get the voucher to you before the order is cancelled?
You have 28 days to get the voucher to us from date of order.
12. What bikes are available on the scheme?
You can purchase any of the bikes on our website on the cycle to work scheme.
13. Do you accept Halfords vouchers?
No we do not deal with Halfords.
14. I have received a eCertificate from cyclescheme. What do I do now?
You need to forward the e-mail to us and attach a copy of your photo ID (e.g. passport, driving license).